Things to Enjoy
Kicked up on the sand, in the heart of Laguna Beach, Sunset Cove is the perfect headquarters for any traveler with a plan to explore Southern California in all its sunny glory. A mere stroll from the restaurants, shops, galleries, and world-class surfing that made us famous, our location makes walking to our beach town’s notable playhouse or art museum a breeze.
While known for a community atmosphere, visitors can always find peace of mind at Laguna Beach’s many parks — Main Beach Park, Heisler Park, Crescent Bay, and Aliso Beach for starters. If that wasn’t enough, walking trails, bike paths, gardens, and a marine refuge can be found in town. For the more active types, there are volleyball, basketball, and tennis courts sprinkled throughout.
A July or August stay means you’re around for The Festival of Arts and Pageant of the Masters, giving you the awestruck chance to witness live models posing in exceptional life-size recreations of famous paintings. You’d also be in town for The Sawdust Festival, where local painters, sculptors, and craftsmen present their year’s work in an outdoor setting of flowers, brooks, trees, fountains, and waterfalls. It even includes demonstrations, workshops, and children’s art activities.
Finally, if you’re in need of bigger attractions, you’re only a short drive away from Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Del Mar Racetrack, and the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.
- 5 min. north of Monarch Beach Golf Links
- 10 min. south of Pelican Hill Golf Club
- 10 min. north of Dana Point Harbor
- 15 min. south of Newport Beach
- 15 min. south of Balboa Island
- 15 min. south of Fashion Island
- 15 min. north of Mission San Juan Capistrano
- 15 min. north of San Clemente
- 20 min. south of John Wayne/OC Airport
- 25 min. south of South Coast Plaza
- 30 min. south of Disneyland
- 30 min. south of Knotts Berry Farm
- 45 min. north of Del Mar Racetrack
- 60 min. south of Los Angeles International Airport
- 60 min. north of San Diego Zoo
- 60 min. north of Sea World
- 75 min. east of Catalina Island (via hydrofoil)
- 90 min. south of Hollywood
- 90 min. south of Universal Studios
- 90 min. west of Palm Springs
- 90 min. north of the Mexican border